Cold Air Intakes
We install most major manufacturers cold air intake systems. We will also install customer supplied cold air intakes. A cold air intake helps your motor breath better which creates more horsepower and better gas mileage.
Standard air intake systems tend to be very restrictive sacrificing engine power or efficiency in order to eliminate engine noise. Aftermarket cold air intake systems come in many different colors and sizes, and are easy to install when compared with other performance-increasing modifications. All cold air intakes operate on the principle of increasing the amount of options available for combustion with fuel. Because cooler air has a higher density (greater mass per unit volume), cold air intakes generally work by introducing cooler air from outside the hot engine bay. However, the term "cold air intake" is often used incorrectly to describe an air filter system with an exposed filter in the engine bay, which actually increases the temperature of the air entering an engine.
Some strategies used in designing cold-air intakes are:
- Increasing the diameter of the air intake, reducing airflow velocity and pumping losses.
- Smoothing the interior of the intake to reduce air resistance.
- Providing a more direct route to the air intake by eliminating muffling devices.
- Shortening the length of the intake.
- Using a less restrictive air filter, usually trading filtering quality for increased airflow capacity.